Welcome to the new year of IoT Nuggets! Today we are joined by Joseph Radecki, Managing Director at KPMG Corporate Finance.
Who is KPMG?
The Internet of Things (IoT) is being driven by the comprehensive connectivity and instrumentation of the world around us. Connecting the physical world to the digital world gives us better visibility over what is happening in our environments. It can help organizations to make better, faster decisions, automate processes, and enable the prediction of future events.
IoT is taking the internet into everything that impacts our lives. It is the future of digital connectivity, data accumulation, and system efficiency. However, implementation requires a sound strategy with a balance between innovation, opportunity, and risk.
Challenges faced by organizations implementing IoT
- Developing the ‘smart’ strategy and business case
- Improving the customer experience
- Increasing utilization
- Opening up new revenue opportunities
- Reducing costs, increasing profitability and productivity
- Using big data and analytics for better business insights, decision-making and outcomes
- Aligning the operating model across people, process and technology
- Reducing cyber security and privacy risks
- Navigating the fast-evolving technology vendor ecosystem.
Business model transformation opportunities with IoT
- Accelerating growth
- Optimizing performance and profitability
- Managing risk and regulation
- Enhancing compliance, reporting and transparency
- Improved customer experience
- Operational efficiency
- Streamlining processes and removing friction.
KPMG focuses on helping major sectors transform with IoT including:
- Smart cities and connected infrastructure
- Smart power and utilities
- Smart food and fiber (agri-business and supply chain)
- Financial services
How we can help?
Drawing on our deep industry, technology, policy and analytics insights, we assist organizations to better deliver safe and effective IoT solutions. We can help with new markets, strategy and implementation, security, data analytics, local and international policy, growth plans and more.
Notable engagements include developing the smart city strategy, prioritized roadmap and stakeholder engagement for cities and regions; working with major clients to develop the business case for commercialization of IoT; undertaking market scans and analysis across communication networks, devices, sensors and platforms; IoT strategy for major utilities; helping State governments design policy for IoT-enabled digital transformation of the agriculture sector; providing IoT specific vendor evaluation frameworks for procurement teams; IoT maturity assessments with global benchmarking; and providing assurance around IoT investments.
Our IoT services include:
- ‘Smart’ strategy
- Market research and analysis
- Economic model and business case
- Technology vendor ecosystem and navigation
- IoT procurement advisory and evaluation
- Program management and governance
- Cyber security
- Technology assurance
- Data and analytics
- Intelligent data platforms with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning
About KPMG Corporate Finance
The Corporate Finance practices of KPMG International’s network of independent member firms (KPMG) have been ranked a leading investment banking platform according to Thomson Reuters SDC’s global M&A transaction volume league tables. KPMG operates in 155 countries with more than 2,600 investment banking professionals who are able to meet the needs of clients across the globe.
KPMG Corporate Finance LLC is a SEC registered broker-dealer and a leading adviser providing a broad range of investment banking and financial advisory services to domestic and international clients. The firm specializes in mergers and acquisitions, sales and divestitures, debt and equity financing, buyouts, restructurings, recapitalizations, infrastructure project finance, capital advisory, and fairness opinions. For more information, please visit www.kpmgcorporatefinance.com
To learn more about BH IoT Group’s IoT consulting services, please contact us.
To talk with Steve & John about your IoT go-to-market strategies and deployment, please contact us.